Tuesday, September 16

Diapers

Not everyone knows that cloth diapers haven't gone away. They are very much still around and can be a great way to save money. They make sprayers you can attach to the potty to spray off the yucks and they even have "all in one" diapers that work just like a disposable so the only difference is you dump, then wash instead of throw away. Do a quick internet search on "cloth diapers" and you'll see how much variety is out there.

I'm in the process of switching over to cloth to help save money with two in diapers. I started by buying some Gerber prefolds and have been using the disposable diapers as diaper covers so I only go through one or two a day (disposables, that is), then I'll use my diaper budget money to buy some cloth covers and I'll be all set. It took me a while to convince myself I could do it, but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. You can get a package of prefolds relatively inexpensive so you can "try" cloth diapering before you commit to switch by using your disposables as covers. If you decide it's not your thing, you can always use the prefolds for rags!

No comments: